Saturday, March 04, 2006

Geek to Live: Top Windows tweaks

Geek to Live: Top Windows tweaks: "
Windows XP - Lifehacker

by Gina Trapani

After I wiped my hard drive clean and reinstalled Windows XP last week, I booted up into an pristine, default operating system - that felt a lot like a hotel room just before I rolled my luggage in, tossed my jacket on the couch, unmade the bed and set my toothbrush next to the sink. I had no idea how many changes I'd made to Windows to fit my preferences over the years until they were all undone.

Today I've got a list of the most important Windows customizations that make my PC feel like a place I can get work done in more smoothly and easily. Hop in for a quick ride around Windows dialogs, tabs, menus and toolbars to get your XP fitting like a glove.

Re-locate the the taskbar

I've got a wide screen and I like to see as much information vertically as possible, so I drag and drop the Windows taskbar to the left hand

"

1 comment:

J-Marshall said...

Gina lists a number of her favorite XP tweaks, many are Mac-ish retreads. Having reinstalled XP myself recently, I have to say that most of her favorites are among my LEAST favorite. That's why they're called PERSONAL computers!